Geological Research Laboratory "Geolab"
1113 Sofia,Acad.G.Bonchev st. bl.24
phone. (+359 2) 9792223 ; GSM (+359) 0899355971 ; fax: (+359
2) 724 638 ,
Head: Associate Professor Metodi Karadzhov, Ph.D. ,
Geology Research Laboratory "Geolab" is a separate unit in the Geological Institute "Strashimir Dimitrov" Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
In its structure, equipment, well trained personnel and analytical capabilities "Geolab" is comparable with the modern research laboratory complexes.
1. The main activity of the laboratory include testing of various natural resources
(minerals) and technogenic products:
2. "Geolab" has the necessary technical means for performing precise tests meeting European standards:
- water, surface water and groundwater;
- building materials, soils and rocks;
- Non-Metallic materials;
- ores, concentrates, waste, pellets, pellets
3. Partners and customers "Geolab" are:
- atomic absorption spectrometer Perkin - Elmer;
- atomic emission spectrometer with inductively coupled plasma (ICP-AES) "ULTIMA 2" ;
- scales "Sartorius";
- pehametri and conductivity SEIBOLD "WIEN";
- derivatograf "D-1500-C"
- ednoploskostni shear apparatus with control strains and stress control;
- compression apparatus;
- filtration apparatus;
- hydraulic presses;
- triax camera;
- equipment to determine physical parameters and classification of construction land;
- laboratory apparatus for determining the optimum water content and standard density;
- complex equipment for sample preparation of "FRITSCH"
Summary of comparative history "Geolab" participated in the following international projects:
- Institutes of Sciences BAS
- "Cumerio Med AD - Pirdop;
- "Asarel Medet - Panagyurishte;
- "Balkanpharma-Dupnitsa AD;
- "Devin AD;HTU
- Assen Zlatarov - Burgas
- Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski "
- INTEROCEANMETAL - Analysis of bottom sediments and suspended matter from the Pacific Ocean (from 1995-2002);
- Project "COMRA", China - Analysis of suspended matter from the Pacific Ocean (2000);
- International Pilot Project for circular comparisons "QI - 16 - Measurement of parameters and determining the homogeneity of the material dispersion of steel;
- project "Science for Peace" SEP 973739 - NATO - "Study of the pollution of soil in the Plovdiv region
Last update: 20.10. 2017