- 2002-2011 and present Research Associate Professor in the Geological Institute, Department of Hydrogeology
- 1987-2002 Research Associate at the Geological Institute of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia. Scientific collaboration with Antwerp University (Belgium) and BRGM (France).
- 1993 Fellow in the Geothermal Training Programme of the United Nations University, Iceland. Completed advanced training and research in the field of chemistry of thermal fluids at National energy authority, Iceland during the period April to October.
- 1983-1987 Research Associate at the Institute of Hydrothermal Resort Study, Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation of the Medical Academy, Sofia.
- 1981-1983 Specialist at the Energoproject (Research Technological Institute for Power Developments, Sofia).