PARTICIPATION IN INTERNATIONAL PROJECTS:
PARTICIPATION IN NATIONAL PROJECTS:
- Bulgaria - USA research project, 1999-2003, finishing with Monograph:
Drought in Bulgaria: contemporary analogue for future climate changes.
Natural, economic and social dimensions of the 1982-1994 drought period.
(2003): Editors: I.Raev, G.Knight, M.Staneva. ISBN 954-90896-1-4, Publishing House of BAS “Prof. Marin Drinov”, Sofia, Bulgaria, 284 p. (in Bulgarian).
- Initial Characterization of Ground Water Bodies (2004) - Project between ARCADIS EUROCONSULT (Netherlands) and Geological Institute (Bulgaria).
Overall project manager: Mr. Hans Aalderink.
- “Evaluation and mapping of the groundwater resources and their vulnerability to pollution (with examples of the river basins from in Russia and Bulgaria)” under bilateral agreement of the scientific cooperation between the Bulgarian and Russian Academies of Sciences (2006 -2008)
- “Hydrogeology of fractured and/or karst systems: theoretical research and applications to groundwater management under current climate change” (PRIN - 2008YYZKEE), coordinator Walter Dragoni, Perugia University, Italy (2010-2012)
- “Development of a methodology for evaluation of the resources of groundwater bodies, taking into account climate change factors and necessary quantity monitoring”. Bulgarian Ministry of Water and Environment (2011 - 2012).
- Research of impact from the open pit coal mine “Beli Breg” on the karst spring Vreloto (the Gaber village) and design of the new boreholes for water supply (2012)
- "Application of up-to-date methods and technologies for evaluation of the groundwater recharge related to future climate change in Bulgaria, with emphasis on the vadose zone" (2015-2016) Supported by the Bulgarian Fund for Scientific Research