Participation in international projects:
Participation in the UNESCO Projects:
Participation in the Project of European Commission Framework Programme V:
- IGCP 329: "Palaeogeographic and palaeoecological evolutions of Paratethys basins during Neogene and their correlation to the global scales", Dr. N. Krstic, Serbia
- IGCP 449: “Global correlation of Late Cenozoic fluvial deposits”, Dr. David Bridgland, University of Durham, U.K.
- IGCP 518: “Global correlation of Late Cenozoic fluvial deposits”, Dr. David Bridgland, University of Durham, U.K.
Synthesys Project DE-TAF-5004 (http://www.synthesys.info/ FP 6 “Structuring the European Research Area Programme” ):
- Contract EVK1-CT-1999-00032 EMERGE: “European Lake Ecosystem: Regionalisation Diagnostics and Socio-Economic Evaluation”
Synthesys Project HU-TAF-1979 (http://www.synthesys.info/ FP 7 "Structuring the European Research Area Programme"):
- “Taxonomy and biostratigraphic implications of species belonging to genus Fragilaria Lyngbye”- 1.12-20.12.2008, host Dr. R. Jahn, Freie Universitat Berlin, ZE Botanischer Garten und Botanisches Museum Berlin-Dahlem, Germany
Synthesys Project HU-TAF-3690 (http://www.synthesys.info/ FP 7 "Structuring the European Research Area Programme"):
- "Reinvestigation of the fossil diatom flora from the tertiary basins within Western Carpathians, Pantocsek Collection" - 12.03-25.03.2012, host Dr. K. Buczko, Natural History Museum, Budapest, Hungary
Participation in International Projects:
- "Reinvestigation and biostratigraphic implications of species belonged to genus Aulacoseira Thw. from the Neogene basins within Western Carpathians, Pantocsek Collection" - 12.05-24.05.2014, host Dr. K. Buczko, Natural History Museum, Budapest, Hungary
Projects funded through collaboration between Academies and foreign institutions:
- “Algae of the California Garbriel River.” Tetra Tech, Inc. (PI Stevenson, R. J.), March-June, 2006
- “An ecological assessment of the Muskegon River Watershed to solve and prevent environmental problems.” ( Stevenson, R. J., S. H. Gage, T. Hough, D. T. Long, B. Pijanowski, J. Qi, M. Wiley, P. Bonnell, R. Bowman, D. Denison. Great Lakes Fisheries Trust), June-August,2006
- "Periphyton community composition of streams in South Dakota", United States Environmental Protection Agency, July-December, 2006
- “Muskegon River Watershed - palaeolimnological development of Lake Muskegon”(Long, D., Stevenson, R.J., Yansa,C.), December, 2006-March, 2007.
Participation in projects, supported by the Bulgarian Ministry of Science and Education:
- Joint project between BAS, Serbian AS and University of Belgrade “Transborder stratigraphic correlations in Western Stara Planina Mts between East Serbia and West Bulgaria” (2007-2010)
- Joint project between BAS and Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow “Taxonomy, ecology, chorology and biostratigraphy of fossil and extant Naviculales” (2009-2012) Coordinators: Nadja Ognjanova-Rumenova & Agata Wojtal
- Joint project between BAS and Hungarian Natural History Museum, Budapest “Taxonomy and palaeolimnology of recent and fossil diatoms” (2010-2012) Coordinators: Nadja Ognjanova-Rumenova & Krisztina Buczko
- Joint project between BAS and Polish Academy of Sciences, Cracow “Taxonomy, ecology, chorology and biostratigraphy of fossil and extant Naviculales” (2012-2014) Coordinators: Nadja Ognjanova-Rumenova & Agata Wojtal
- Joint project between BAS and Slovak Academy of Sciences, Banska Bystrica “Ostracod-Diatomaceae paleoecologic and isotopic inference model for the fossil freshwater and brackish lakes” (2012-2014) Coordinators: Nadja Ognjanova-Rumenova & Radovan Pipik
Last update: 27 November 2014
- 1986-1990 NIS 545: ”Anthropogenic influence on the benthic diatoms from Bulgarian Black sea shelf”
- 1992-1995 B 210: “Mathematical modeling and computer-oriented analysis of modern and neogene diatom assemblages”
- 1992-1995 NZ 235: “Analysis of the Postalpian basins”
- 1992-1995 NZ 204: “Palaeogeodynamical and geological development of Bulgaria during the Mesozoic and Tertiary”
- 1993-1996 OHN 418: “Palaeoecological conditions in the area of Varna lakes during the originate and development of the human activity”
- 1996-1999 NZ 633: “Miocenian stage in the development of the realm of Western Bulgaria /sedimentological, stratigraphical, palaeogeographical and geodynamical aspects”
- 1996-1999 B-625: “Vegetation dynamics and environmental changes in the Northern Pirin Mts.: palaeoecological and palaeolimnological studies of Upper Quaternary Lake sediments /Dalgoto ezero/”
- 2000-2003 NZ 903: “A model of the evolution and colonization of lacustrine diatoms in continental basins in Southwestern Bulgaria during the Miocene”
- 2001-2004 B-1002: “High-mountain lake ecosystems in Rila Mts.: Biological and chemical characteristics, classification.”
- 2008-2012 DO 02-139/2008: “Diatom biodiversity on the Balkans - process, pattern and scale”.
- 2008-2012 DO 02-283/2008: “Assessment and management of Dreissena spp. invasion in the Bulgarian water bodies”.
- 2010-2012 Joint Project NSF Bulgaria-Romania: Comparative palaeoecology and geoarcheology of the Varna lake (Bulgaria) and the Mamaia lake (Romania).